Friday, September 24, 2010

September 21st DREAM Act as a Stand Alone Bill

Alone I perceive myself as a very intelligent, driven individual. I fear that my lack of confidence will ultimately, hurt the future that is to be mine. The DREAM Act will not pass not pass as an amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill, as many hoped, I knew this would happen. The opposition would perform an ultimate an ultimate act to stall the inevitable; the passage of the DREAM Act is a matter of when, not if.
This is what we all wanted an opportunity to fight for our ability to pursue a better future, nothing more, nothing less. We are fighting for a chance to prove ourselves to the nation; to show our talent, courage, strength, and hunger to succeed. Not all dreamers will have the same perspective, but this is the truth.
Some seek answers, where there are none, others provide alternatives. We must endure; we must overcome the obstacles bestowed upon by our desire to call American citizen. American? What is American? Is it a cultural question, or ethnicity, or race, or content of character, or is it geographical location on Earth? I have yet to understand what it means to be patriotic of America.
If I knew one thing about love is that you accept the bad, appreciate the good, and cherish the moments of joy. Hence, if I am to consider myself American, I must love America. Love the diversity, the opportunity, the socio-economic-cultural miscommunications. There, if the DREAM Act is ever to be signed by Barak Hussein Obama we must understand or at least try to understand the opposition. Humans aren’t inherently evil, just miss-informed, or lied too, or both. Then, and only then we will see the fruits of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment